• Personalised Percussion lessons from an award-winning professional musician, frequently in demand both nationally and internationally as a performer and educator.
• Hobby player? School student? Aspiring Professional? All skill levels and ages are welcomed. Let me share my love and passion for percussion with you - experience the joy of percussive music-making! I will help you achieve your goals in a supportive and fun environment.
• Quality assured - I pride myself on giving each student a solid technical foundation and tailor an individual program for each person.
• All classical percussion instruments available for tuition: Timpani, Marimba, Vibraphone, Xylophone, Glockenspiel, Snare Drum, Tambourine, Triangle, etc.
• Trinity and AMEB syllabus teaching available (I am an AMEB Percussion examiner).
• No lock-in commitments - have lessons at a frequency that suits you. We will work at a pace that suits your lifestyle.
• Do not let doubts or impairments hold you back - my past students have included those that are hearing impaired. Anything is possible!!
• I hold a current Working With Children Check and aMuse membership.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Also, feel free to visit my website to find out more about me.
Please feel free to contact me for more information.
Workshops, Tutoring and Masterclasses
Brent has experience providing inspirational workshops and masterclasses for all skill levels - from beginner to professional. He has also provided professional development sessions to music teachers.
Please contact me to discuss how I can tailor my expertise to suit your individual requirements.
Some of the areas I specialise in, are:
• Orchestral Tutoring
Preparing percussion and timpani sections for upcoming orchestral performances.
• Timpani and Percussion Masterclasses
Getting the most out of your solo or ensemble repertoire in a supportive and inspirational group setting. Perfecting technique, musicianship and confidence.
• Percussion Pedagogy Workshops
Professional development sessions designed for teachers.
For example, sessions for multi-instrumental music teachers in primary or secondary schools, focusing o
n pedagogy methods, problem solving strategies, instrument care & maintenance, mallet choices, and so on.